Recent Posts

5/26/10

May Update

Joel and I are moving into a house-apartment in the next few weeks and I've been making a mental checklist for my expectations I have for the two of us (and our new puppy) for when we live there.

1. If it doesn't fit, donate it/throw it away
2. If it is always dirty (on the floor, stacked on the table, on the floor like a college student's mess...) find a way to organize it. If you can't organize it and store it away properly, get rid of it.
3. Clutter-free. Simple = better life.

Okay. That's my mini post on my life at the moment.

Jack-News
Jack has learned in the last week how to sit, lay down, roll over, and fetch (new as of 3 hours ago!)
He has made a lifetime friend in our friend's long haired dachshund Anabelle and i will post pictures soon of their romps through the backyard. It's adorable and super cute!

Art-News
-I completed Vicki's Painting and have given it to her, and it was a huge success! She loved it!
-Now i'm working on a crocheted baby blanket for my friend Hope's new baby boy.
I'm using a Bernat pattern as the main guide, and then i'm going to do my own edging, and probably tweak the pattern a bit, maybe add a few granny squares. Who knows?
-Lastly, I have a potential illustration job for a band based out of Austin. More on that later :)

1 comments:

Kelly Rien said...

Have you heard of free cycle? It is a yahoo group. There is one specifically for Denton. You can post junk on there that you want to pass along with out throwing away. We've started doing it and we've had a lot of success.
Jack is a pretty cute puppy! So where are you guys working at?
andddd..... On Monday nights at Art 6 there are a group of ladies that get together to do a "stitch and bitch" if you ever want to come along. I try to go if I don't have too much homework.

Post a Comment